CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS!
TICKETS ON SALE NOW
2019 ENCORE AWARDS
2019 Award Categories
• The Encore! 757 Stellar Community Award
• The Encore! Humanitarian Award
• The Encore! Lifetime Achievement Award
• The Encore! Honorable Mention Military Appreciation Award
• The Encore! Best Solo Artist Award
• The Encore! Best Musician Award
• The Encore! Best Live Band Award
• The Encore! Best Dance Group Award
• The Encore! Best Gospel Musical Group Award
• The Encore! Best Local Chapter Sorority Award
• The Encore! Best Local Chapter Fraternity Award
• The Encore! Best Business/Organization Award
• The Encore! Best Restaurant Award
• The Encore! Best Comedian Award
• The Encore! Best Radio Personality Award
• The Encore! Best Radio Station Award
• The Encore! Best News Anchor Award
• The Encore! Best Church Award
• The Encore! Best Pastor Award
• The Encore! Best College/University Award
• The Encore! Best Make-up Artist (MUA)
• The Encore! Best Hair Stylist/Salon
• The Encore! Best Barber/Barber Shop
• The Encore! Best Disc Jockey Award
• The Encore! Best Caterer Award
• The Encore! Best Photographer Award
• The Encore! Best Florist Award
The Hampton Roads community and vicinity has a plethora of talented musicians, song-writers, groups, fraternal organizations, comedians, local businesses, charitable organizations, radio personalities/stations, news casters/stations, churches, pastors, choirs, and universities/colleges, etc., that have given of their time and money to give back to their communities, and have also kept our community on the map. It is our goal to showcase these talented groups and individuals during a night of remembrance, recognition, and also exhibition of what the Hampton Roads area has to offer. This is also an opportunity for neighboring cities of the 757 to come together and represent their city.
This event will be held on an annual basis to continue to unite the pride of each city and recognize those in the community with achievement awards given out by winning a popular ballot through nominations and voting. Each year will bring forth new nominees, recipients of awards, and also a moment for selected city officials to come forth and speak on behalf of their city. Special guests will also be in attendance to present various awards. The idea is to keep the majority of the performances throughout the show from the local arena of artists. It is also a major goal to bridge gaps across cultures, races, creeds, nationalities, and religions with an effort to come together for a positive cause - unity.
This showcase is to award individuals and organizations for their success and achievements. It is also an opportunity to exhibit local businesses, churches, entertainment professionals and venues for the purpose of advertisement and showcasing them to the community.
A portion of proceeds will be awarded to a local charitable organization, each year. This year, due to a personal affinity, the Hampton University Proton Therapy Institute (focus on Breast and Prostate Cancer) has been chosen. This organization and its cause will be spotlighted during the awards show to bring awareness to the cause. We have also chosen to make a donation towards the Hampton University Marching Force. Also, we have partnered with Positive Impact Outreach, Inc., and this fall, a local graduate from one of the seven cities will be awarded scholarship funds to help cover expenses at a local college of their choice. Lastly, an awarded city will be given a donation each year to go towards the beautification or upkeep of a local neighborhood or historical landmark preservation owned by the city. The fund can also be used towards any community outreach or resource programs.
P. O. Box 66284
Virginia Beach, VA 23466
The 2019 showcase lineup for the pre-show and main show performances will be selected by the event committee based on guidelines set in the showcase entry packet.
applications for the showcase lineup can be requested below. Applications for the Encore! Awards showcase will be accepted beginning February 1. The deadline to submit applications is May 31. Final selections on all performing showcase participants will be made by June 30.
STAY IN THE LOOP